Autologous Fat Transfer refers to an innovative procedure in which the doctor uses the patient’s own fat to augment breast size. It is a non-surgical alternative to traditional breast augmentation that requires surgery and a lengthy recovery time, not to mention a painful and stressful experience throughout. Autologous Fat Transfer offers quick recovery time and a non-surgical option.
The physician administers a local anesthetic into the area that needs fat extraction to numb the area. A small incision is made and a thin tube that is attached to a syringe, called a cannula, is inserted here – this extracts the fat cells from the skin.After extraction, the fat cells are purified and prepared for re-injection. Via small, precise incisions, your doctor injects the fat cells into the breast area using the cannula.
The Autologous fat transfer procedure typically takes 2-4 hours to inject all the extracted fat cells. Normal activities can be resumed within 2-3 weeks after the procedure, however, it’s recommended to avoid any stressful activities for up to 4-6 weeks following the procedure. Some patients experience bruising and swelling at the injection sites. A small percentage of the injected fat cells may be absorbed by the body, however, the cells that remain will give you permanent, natural looking results. For a fully visible result, it takes about 6 months.
Benefits of Autologous Fat Transfer
Autologous Fat Transfer by Doctors Best Health improves breast size and shape in women:
- With small breasts who want to increase the size without undergoing surgery
- With uneven breast sizes
- Whose breast implants have been removed due to formation of scar tissue
- With breasts that sag due to a major weight loss, breast feeding or age
The procedure offers a safer alternative to traditional surgery. It is an outpatient treatment that is minimally invasive via liposuction. The doctor suctions excess fat from the abdomen, thighs or buttocks and re-injected into the breast(s).
Some of the advantages that Autologous Fat Transfer has over traditional breast augmentation surgery include:
- Gives patients a more natural look than surgery
- The lack of risk of an allergic reaction
- Minimal incisions
- Minimal scarring
- Offers permanent results
- Offers the added benefit of reducing the excess, unwanted weight from areas like your stomach or thighs.
At Doctors Best Health, our patients’ health is our number one priority; If a procedure is not for you or is risky, we will let you know of all the possible risks associated and discourage you from going forward. We will discuss alternative options, but we want every patient to be safe!
Autologous Fat Transfer is not recommended for:
- Those who seek a more dramatic augmentation of (2 bra sizes or more)
- Those with extreme sagging
- Those who do not have enough fat in their thighs or abdomen to extract any
While this is a common procedure, there are some moderate risks associated with it that are caused by the over-absorption of the fat cells, causing lumps or irregular shapes.
More serious risks that are rare include:
- Fat transfer failure
- Severe pain and swelling
- Formation of cysts or closed sacs of injected fat cells
- Calcification; when injected fat tissues harden due to calcium salt interfering with mammograms (x-ray images of the breasts)
The Doctors Best Health professionals are highly experienced in aesthetics and the Autologous fat transfer procedure. The risks are rare and much less than the traditional breast augmentation surgery. The procedure offers more natural looking results with much less downtime.
Val Manocchio MD. - Doctors Best Wellness Centers
2237 N. Commerce Pkwy Suite 3, Weston, FL 33326
954-659-9914 - Web: DoctorsBestHealth.com