What is IV Therapy?
The presence of nutrients in the body are necessary for good health. When we eat, our body’s gastrointestinal tract absorbs these necessary vitamins & minerals from our food as we digest. When there is a deficit of these nutrients, one may experience extreme fatigue, a low immune system, & notice visible signs of aging. IV Therapy provides a strong solution for this deficit by delivering concentrated amounts of these nutrients directly into the blood-stream. This super-charge of nutrients would otherwise upset your stomach if consumed orally. The advantage of IV Therapy is that it bypasses the digestive tract where many nutrients can be “lost” due to absorption limitations. Many have reported feeling a burst of energy & a general feeling of being more “alive” after these therapies.
Nutrients used in IV Therapy include:
- amino acids.
Before IV Therapy
IV Therapy begins with an individual consultation. During this visit, the potential patient will discuss their personal goals and desires for IV therapy with a certified wellness clinician. Patients will be asked general health questions and under-go basic blood-work to evaluate their tolerance of all vitamins and minerals. Detailed blood panels and food tolerance screenings are also available for patients looking to fully integrate IV therapy treatments into their personal wellness plan. A weekly regimen of IV therapy can prove to be quite beneficial for the right candidates, this is why consultations are so important when determining your course of treatment.
What will IV Therapy Be Like?
IV therapy is a low-risk & minimally invasive treatment that is well tolerated by most patients. Typical side effects include the following:
- bruising and discomfort at the injection site
- a slight after-taste of supplements after the infusion
- Urine having a strong color or odor due to the supplements.
Nutrients are delivered intravenously by a nurse under doctor’s supervision. Use of a comfortable butterfly needle with a micro-catheter to administer the nutritional therapy is standard. Some patients report feeling a warmth and flushing sensation as the IV is given; this is not painful but maybe a bit uncomfortable. A typical session lasts anywhere from 10-30 minutes depending on the type of treatment selected. Intense replenishments may take up to several hours.
During your IV Therapy session, patients can do just about anything that doesn’t involve much movement. For most effective treatment it is best to sit back and relax. IV therapy generally involves very minimal discomfort and the patient is free to resume all normal activities immediately afterward. For entertainment, be prepared to:
- listen to soothing music
- watch a movie
- talk to others
- text / email
- eat / drink
IV therapy should be catered to your personal needs. Reasons for trying this alternative treatment include but are not limited to:
- General Health – provides a mix of essential vitamins, minerals, & amino acids that helps to maintain health, wellness, & correct intracellular nutrient deficiencies.
- Immune Support – offers a mix of nutrients to enhance the body’s natural immunity. Ideal for individuals who are prone to infections or exposed to germs and illnesses (such as teachers, airline workers, and healthcare professionals).
- Weekend Recovery – focuses on hydration, flushing toxins and restoring energy after a hangover.
- Cold & Flu – made with anti-viral nutrients like vitamin D and selenium, this treatment has been shown to reduce the duration and intensity of cold & flu symptoms when utilized at the first sign of illness.
- Athletic Performance – focuses to rehydration & boosts your body’s natural production of growth hormone (GH) which speeds up healing and increases lean body mass. Therapy also combats and eliminates soreness and fatigue.
- Stress – fights the effects of prolonged cortisol elevation. B vitamins restore energy, leading to greater attention and problem-solving.
- Weight Loss – when cutting calories, this treatment ensures that your body is receiving the vitamins, minerals, and amino acids it needs to stay healthy.
- Anti-Fungal Treatment – inactivates fungus & fights the presence of chronic yeast/candida in the body.
- Migraines – utilizes concentrations of magnesium, riboflavin, and other key nutrients to relieve acute episodes of a migraine and prevent future occurrences.
- Healthy Hair, Skin, & Nails – provides essential nutrients such as biotin to support the fast-growing cells that are found within hair, skin, and nails.
- Pre/Post-Op – Lack of proper nutrition delays wound healing and leaves surgical patients more vulnerable to surgical complications. Therapy restores zinc, selenium, and vitamin B6 for a speedy recovery.
- Bariatric Patients: Oral absorption of nutrients is effected after gastric bypass. Doses of magnesium, calcium, cobalamin, thiamine, iron, and vitamin C on a bi-weekly or monthly basis serve as an adjunct therapy to a daily oral supplementation regimen.
IV Nutrition Therapy has also been shown to improve brain function & stroke defense as well as helping patients with Cancer, Arthritis, Diabetes, Liver Disease, Vision Deterioration, Digestive issues, Cardiovascular Disease, Hypertension, Allergies, Asthma, PMS, & Menopause. For more information, contact a local IV Therapy Clinic to schedule your consultation & find the treatment best fit for you.